Nokia 6610i and DKU-5

From: Hemal C. Mehtalia
Subject: Nokia 6610i and DKU-5
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:51:10 -0700

Hello all:

I am new to gnokii and I need some help setting
up environment.

I have a Nokia 6610i and am using DKU-5 to connect
my RH9 Linux to the phone.

The machine has USB2.0 ports.

My gnokiirc file has the following:

port = port = /dev/usb/ttyUSB10
model = 6610i
connection = dlr3p

After I have configure and installed gnokii, when
I ran gnokii --identify I get the following:

GNOKII Version 20051020
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6610i
port_device: /dev/usb/ttyUSB10
connection_type: 2
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/usb/ttyUSB10
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device /dev/usb/ttyUSB10
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device
Error in link initialisation: 1
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Serial device: closing device

The following is the output from dmesg:

.
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:1d.2-2 address 9
hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.2-2, assigned address 10
usb.c: USB device 10 (vend/prod 0x451/0x3410) is not claimed by any
active driver.

(which is why I am using /dev/usb/ttyUSB10, is that correct?)

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks,

/hemal.