Re: duplicate sms with concurrent arrivals

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: duplicate sms with concurrent arrivals
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:16:37 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, massimo citterio wrote:

> hallo!
> I forgot to tell you that my phone model is a nokia 5110 (so the same
> Valerio has).
> The com port is the standard motherboard one.
> I don't know if the problem is phone-related or gnokii related.

I don't remember this problem when I used this phone. I suppose it is gnokii
problem in communication with phone introduced cca 1 year ago. In link you
have in your original mail there is return code 18. Do you have return code
8? Error 8 is GN_ERR_UNKNOWN. I think that gnokii lost synchronization with
phone on lowlevel protocol when phone was busy with sms's. I'm sorry that I
cannot help more because I have no longer phone to use with smsd. I think
that catching this error will be hard because you must have specific load
on phone. Please try to switch on debug in gnokiirc and send part of log
when error occur here. I think somebody who is able to read lowlevel
communication will help you.

jan