Re: gnokiid 0.6.5 and Nokia 9290

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokiid 0.6.5 and Nokia 9290
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:22:20 +0100

James D. Bearden ha scritto:
I have gotten the modem recognized by linux, under both minicom and gnokiid.

since your phone has a real modem, you should not use gnokiid which is a sort of soft modem for handsets that do not have a real one

I believe I need to set "NORMAL_ANALOG_AUTO" with "AT+CBST=0" but it's onee of those AT commands that doesn't appear to work.

is this the same as using register S35?
I learnt from gnokiid sources that if S35 is zero than it initiates a digital call, else an analog call

> I get no response, no OK, no ERROR, no nothing.

this reminds me of a patch I need to sumbit: AT+C and AT+G detect unsupported commands but print nothing

GNOKIID Version 0.6.5

you shouldn't use gnokiid in the first place, since your phone is likely to support natively many more commands, but you should at least upgrade to the latest version

to know which AT commands are supported by gnokiid you can read
Docs/protocol/gnokiid-at.txt

--
Daniele