Re: xpm images and packaging policy

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: xpm images and packaging policy
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:18:42 +0100

Hi,

2005/12/30, Linus Walleij <address@hidden>:
> any progress? I think the best thing for us might be to go for a patched
> source .tar with xgnokii removed... simple and solves the problem.
> Currently we have a 3rd party repository (livna) hosting gnokii but moving
> most of it into Fedora Extras and leaving just xgnokii on livna is quite
> OK.

Sorry I forgot to answer. Hugh and I think that to avoid too much mess
we'll do the following:
 - leave in CVS things as they are
 - script to prepare the release tarball will exclude xpm with phone
pictures leaving just a default one and prepare the additional XPM
package
We'll start with 0.6.11 with that policy if there will be no veto.

I hope that would be fine. Can any other distro packages express
his/her opinion on that?

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/