Re: [gnokii] endless loop while retrieving file from 6230i

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [gnokii] endless loop while retrieving file from 6230i
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:28:05 +0100

Hi,

2006/1/6, Ingo Schaefer <address@hidden>:
> > OK. That needs some more reverse engineering. Anyone else with 6230i
> > to do some tests?
>
> My colleague has the same phone. My sister, too - but she won't be so
> near to grab her phone.

Any access to windows software so you could sniff the communication?

> > If your phone support non-byID operations then it won't support byID.
> > I need to think of some common API over them.
> [..]
> > Your phone has file based access. And this ID is treated
> > internally by gnokii. You don't need to use it at all.
>
> Some kind of bad design on the nokia side, isn't it?

Also. But it seems that they have independent groups of people writing
phone software. Or they are changing their minds too quickly. Or they
tr to make harder writing third party software.

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/