Compiling from CVS on Ubuntu

From: James Humphreys
Subject: Compiling from CVS on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:16:04 +0000

I'm trying to compile gnokii from CVS on Ubuntu 5.10 (I know a package is available)

I've followed the instructions on http://www.gnokii.org/cvs.shtml and in the INSTALL file.

To download:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnokii
cvs co gnokii

To Compile:
cd gnokii
gettextize -c -f --intl --no-changelog

However, gettextize gives me an error (attached to the bottom of this email) asking me to add a load of files to my "aclocal.m4" file. I'm not sure what aclocal.m4 file it's talking about, or in what format to add them (eg: full path to each file, line by line?) I'm a programmer, but new to automake etc.

If someone could help me with this, or tell me where to find the info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

James.

Here's the error:

Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
Copying file po/Rules-quot

Please add the files
 codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc2.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 intdiv0.m4
intmax.m4 inttypes.m4 inttypes_h.m4 inttypes-pri.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
 lib-ld.m4 lib-link.m4 lib-prefix.m4 longdouble.m4 longlong.m4 nls.m4 po.m4
 printf-posix.m4 progtest.m4 signed.m4 size_max.m4 stdint_h.m4 uintmax_t.m4
 ulonglong.m4 wchar_t.m4 wint_t.m4 xsize.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your aclocal.m4 file.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure --disable-nls
option.

Press Return to acknowledge the previous two paragraphs.