Re: nokia 3220 OK

From: Martin Topping
Subject: Re: nokia 3220 OK
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:14:49 +0100

What I found with Nokia 3220 (after a hint from Pawel) is don't use gnokii at all.

(1) Install the wvdial "intelligent dialler" package to your computer.

(2) Connect your phone and computer.

(3) Run command wvdialconf. This should detect  your phone as a modem.

(4) Edit the resulting file wvdial.conf. Mine looks like this:

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 230400
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = *99#
Username = A
Password = B
Stupid Mode = 1

With that file in place as /etc/wvdial.conf, the command

sudo wvdial

should open up the connection for yo, and you can use the phone as a gprs modem. Ctrl+C breaks connection and hangs up.