Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:41:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Pawel Kot wrote:

Hi.

> Jano, it seems that xgnokii has some pattern of usage that kills
> certain phones (regardless of the connection type). I think that
> should be reviewed carefully.

Xgnokii was originally designed for the older phones for what it worked fine.
New phones are very complex and I don't know what exactly is the matter of
damage. If somebody can say what have doing when phone broken up, it can help
but if I remember right, xgnokii only call high level functions, never
communicate directly with phone. As you said it is the similar mystery like
communication desync in smsd.
Can it be desync problem in xgnokii too? And after desync, commands are
wrong interpreted?
The big difference between xgnokii/smsd on one side and gnokii CLI on other
side is that xgnokii and smsd keep connection with phone for long time. Is
this the problem? I don't know if there is some mechanism for desync detection
and recovery in libgnokii library. I think it should be, shouldn't?

jan