Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd

From: Zdeněk Habala
Subject: Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:39:48 +0200

Hello again,

> Hi,
>
> On 8/10/06, "Zdeněk Habala" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > maybe there is one more symbol to be exported. Because now it is
> complaining about missing WriteSMS, which is in smsd.c ...
> >
> > log2.200608102227:/usr/local/sbin/smsd: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/smsd/libpq.so: undefined symbol: WriteSMS
> >
> > I have just added the GNOKII_API before the definition of
> WriteSMS and now it is working well.
>
> Thanks. I'd rather moved it out of smsd and put it to some file linked
> directly to plugins. It looks more elegant to me. But if GNOKII_API
> works for you that's fine too.

Today I have found, that my smsd daemon is not running again. The reason was,
that it was complaining
about one other missing symbol ... It was looking for strEscape (used when
incoming sms is to be written to the DB) ... Firstly I tried to add GNOKII_API
before that function in utils.c, it had no effect ... then I made a quick and
dirty solution ... I have moved the function from utils.c to the pq.c. I know
that it is really bad solution, but my daemon is running again :-)

Zdenek