Re: DKU2 kernel module

From: Petri Airio
Subject: Re: DKU2 kernel module
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:55:59 +0300

On 04/10/06, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 10/4/06, Petri Airio <address@hidden> wrote:
> Again my goal is to find out a way to send messages to S40 FBUS using
> self developed C program. If I have understood it correctly one way to
> do this is to use DKU2 kernel module.

No. As you noticed previously libusb is also way to go.

Yesterday I tried to find out how to do it with libusb way. Couldn't
find any examples but the gnokii sourcses themselfs. For me they are
to complicated I could extract the relevant parts from it and use them
as example in my own program. So do you know any links to examples
where libusb is used to communicate with S40 fbus ?

But again to clarify. Is it so, with DKU2 kernel module when it's
correctly working and you have the device node created. You can just
open the node normally in C-program with open() and then use
read()/write() to send data to the fbus ?

udev configuration. I think it's either on our wiki or in the docs.

Ok, I'll try to figure out how to configure that.

Br,

Petri