Re: Nokia new subentry types

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia new subentry types
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:47:34 +0200

Hi,

On 10/7/06, Dimitris Mandalidis <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 03:04:36PM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:

> >0x2f -> Unmatched
>
> Well, I also don't know what this entry denotes but it contains entry
> location.

I 'm not pretty sure about that but I trust you :) I 'm saying it because I
saw it in every contact fetched from gnokii either it was a
'name-phone-only' contact or a complex contact.

Yup. That's also what I saw.

> >0x47 -> Unmatched
> Last name.
> >0x46 -> Unmatched
> First name.

Hmm, I 'm not yet familiar with the underlying communication between gnokii
and nokia but it's strange that contacts in phone memory when adding from
phone are stored in 0x47 and 0x46 and gnokii fetches 0x07 which is a
concatenation of these two (applicable to SIM memory manipulations).

Well, this is a phone specific thing. With 6136 I save first name and
last name separately but the concatenation is stored also. I am not
sure if you can store concatenated name itself.

> >0x3f -> 'PTT'
>
> Do you know what is it?

I really don't know. Translated from Greek it is 'PTT address' but I
haven't yet seen anyone who uses this. But it's yet another textual
subentry

> >0x45 -> 'Incoming video'
> Do you know what is it?

It's a video which is played every time the contact calls.

Ah, so the replacement for image?

> >0x55 -> 'Company name'
> >0x54 -> 'Company position'
> >0x52 -> 'Formal name'
>
> Do you know what it is supposed to be?

Do you mean 'Formal name'? I think it comes with 'Nickname' concerning
instant messaging.

OK, that might be.

take care,
Pawel Kot