Re: Nokia 6126 with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

From: Hal Eisen
Subject: Re: Nokia 6126 with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 02:37:36 -0700

Hm.  I can't find any help in the docs.  'hcitool scan' has *always*
shown my phone.

Ok.  My bad.  When I had run "apt-get install bluez-utils gnokii" it
automatically brought in libbluetooth1.  Alas, it did NOT bring in
libbluetooth1-dev.  When I ran ./configure for gnokii-0.6.14, it could
not find the bluetooth header files, so it disabled the bluetooth_open()
function in common/devices/unixbluetooth.c.  (I used GDB to determine
that bluetooth_open() had been #define'd to be "{ return -1 }".)  Once I
ran apt-get to pull in the libbluetooth1-dev package and
re-ran ./configure, recompiled and re-installed, then all was well.

Thanks again for your help.

Hal