Re: Nokia 6155 on FreeBSD 6.2 PRERELEASE with Gnokii 0.6.14

From: Mark Kirkwood
Subject: Re: Nokia 6155 on FreeBSD 6.2 PRERELEASE with Gnokii 0.6.14
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:41:54 +1300

Pawel Kot wrote:
Hi,

On 11/9/06, Mark Kirkwood <address@hidden> wrote:
Used 0.6.14 release (from the FreeBSD ports tree). Adding debugging
support and trying again gives:

(gdb) bt
#0 0x281feae5 in usb_claim_interface () from /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.so.8

It seems like a bug in libusb. You should report it to that project.

Right - I did a little poking around and discovered that the FreeBSD port of libusb is not quite as complete as the Linux one - quoting from the pkg-descr:

The FreeBSD port...should still
be considered "beta" (not all calls implemented in the Linux port
are available)

So I'll try the same thing with a Gentoo box I've got here and see if there is any improvement - then I should know more about where the issue is!

Thanks

Mark