Re: Gnokii hangs on ttyUSB0 at an ioctl

From: Ligesh
Subject: Re: Gnokii hangs on ttyUSB0 at an ioctl
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:41:52 +0530

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 06:39:04PM +0530, rishi pathak wrote:
> Could you post debug messages.
> There is a problem with usbserial module.It kind of behaves badly when not
> used for some time.
> Sometimes the device corresponding to cell phone i.e. /dev/ttyUSB0 shifts to
> /dev/ttyUSB1, and this process continues.
> Run gnokii in debug mode and see the debug messages

 Yeah, I have the that problem too. The ttyUSB device keeps switching. Actually
the debug message wasn't really helpful--at least as far as I could make out--,
which is why I posted the strace, which shows it hanging exactly at the ioctl
always. In debug mode, it just says opening /dev/ttyUSB0 and hangs there
indefinitely.

 GNOKII Version 0.6.14
 LOG: debug mask is 0x1
 Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyUSB0 is stale. Overriding it..
 phone instance config:
 model: 6020
 port_device: /dev/ttyUSB0
 connection_type: 0
 init_length: 0
 serial_baudrate: 19200
 serial_write_usleep: -1
 hardware_handshake: 0
 require_dcd: 0
 smsc_timeout: 100
 connect_script:
 disconnect_script:
 rfcomm_cn: 1
 sm_retry: off
 Connecting
 Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB0