Re: Nokia Series 40 comunication protocol

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: Nokia Series 40 comunication protocol
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:35:47 +0200

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 11:24:07PM +0200, The Nux wrote:
> >However, if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time. Instead, I would try
> >to use the gnokii libraries over JNI (putting aside the fact that I
> >wouldn't do that in Java :) , but this is another story). Maybe you
> >spend more time (which I doubt), but you get support for all devices
> >supported by gnokii.
>
> Well, why not. Then where could I find documentation about gnokii sourcecode
> ?

If you haven't found it in the source / web site / wiki / Google, your
best option is probably to write one yourself. There are other tools
using gnokii libraries (libgnokii?), e.g., KDE address book. Just look
how they use it.

> > Of course, you should check the licensing.
>
> Licensing of what ? If you're talking about gnokii, I have no problem with
> GPL ^^

Ok, then. I couldn't know your licensing requirements :) .

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/