Re: nokia 6102 hangs in gnokii-0.6.16

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: nokia 6102 hangs in gnokii-0.6.16
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:02:51 +0200

Pawel Kot wrote:
> On 5/22/07, robert leitch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   gnokii-0.6.16 just hangs after
> > Switching to FBUS mode
>
> This gonna be though one. Are you able to join us on irc to
> investigate it further? I think would be easier to fix it online.

I think I can help to reproduce the "hang forever on Switching to FBUS mode"
part because it happened to me a couple of days ago when I had set
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6510
connection = serial
but I didn't remember I had attached a serial cable to another computer (as a
serial console) instead of a phone

it turned out that in fbus.c:send_command() device_select() was telling that
data was available (I guess it was a login prompt) and hung at the following
 res = device_read(buffer, 255, state);

--
Daniele