Re: SMS notifications for the AT driver

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: SMS notifications for the AT driver
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:12:27 +0200

Hi,

On 7/7/07, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> +CMTI: "ME",172
>
> +CMTI: "ME",175
>
> +CMTI: "ME",172

I still have a problem in that the gn_sms_get() gets the wrong message
from the phone. Any ideas?

Yes. With Nokia it looks like following:
+CMTI: <memory>, <location>
<memory> can be "ME" and "SM" and tells where the message was stored.
Not sure at the moment how do class 0 messages look like here.
<location> is the location not within <memory> but within MT (ie sum
of ME and SM). Given the rules: first go SM locations and then go ME
locations. So the algorithm would be like:

if (memory = ME) {
  send(AT+CPMS="ME","SM")
  read(SM capacity)
  location = location - SM capacity
readSMS(memory, location)

Seems to work for me. I have no idea how that should behave on non-Nokia.

take care,
Pawel Kot