gnokii on fedora fc7 vs fc6

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: gnokii on fedora fc7 vs fc6
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:23:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

After upgrading from Fedora FC6 to FC7 gnokii does not work correctly anymore. ( "gnokii --identify" returns "Unknown" results )

I know reinstalled kernel-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 as well as kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7. If I select the fc7 kernel I have problems. If I select the older fc6 kernel when booting my machine gnokii is working fine again. So there must be some difference between the fc6 and the fc7 kernel that gnokii can't handle ?

I'm using a Nokia 6021 coonected with a CA-42 cable to my Dell notebook's USB port.

Is this a known problem ?
If you need more detailed error log to identify the problem I'll be willing to give it to you.

--

Martin Tarenskeen