Re: Need help accessing samsung a707 phone through bluetooth

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Need help accessing samsung a707 phone through bluetooth
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:43:04 +0100

Hi,

On Nov 7, 2007 3:09 AM, Matthew Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to connect to my Samsung A707 phone over bluetooth.  I can
> already access my photos.
>
> I started this in one terminal:
>
> $ rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:1D:F6:55:7E:D9 4
> Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to 00:1D:F6:55:7E:D9 on channel 4
> Press CTRL-C for hangup

What service is running on channel 4? Is it obex that you access the
photos? Gnokii uses what is called serial port.

I'm not sure how rfcomm connect does work. I always use rfcomm bind.
Other than that you can use:
port = 00:1D:F6:55:7E:D9
connection = bluetooth

> Message sent: 0x00 / 0x0004
> 41 54 5a 0d                                     | ATZ
> write: [ATZ<cr>]

Apparently there's no answer. Although gnokii should handle it better.

Pawel Kot