International SMS

From: Jorge Ventura
Subject: International SMS
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:52:36 -0200

Hi,
I am using gnokii-0.6.14 with mysql and it's working fine for domestic
SMS.
When a try to send an international SMS, more exactly to USA, the
destination
doesn't receive.

I can send the SMS to USA using the modem chip in my phone.

The phone number I am using is +001aaannnnnn where aaa is the area
code and
nnnnnnn the destination phone number.

I am doing the tests using AT commands with a minicom terminal and
preparing
the number as described I don't get any CME error.

Anybody has an idea what is wrong ???

Thanks in advance,
Ventura