Gnokii works in ArchLinux, but not in Debian

From: Vlastimil Kotas
Subject: Gnokii works in ArchLinux, but not in Debian
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:52:44 +0100

Hi,

i need Gnokii on my server with Debian. I use Nokia 6230i and USB cable CA-70. I have tried versions from Debian STABLE, TESTING and UNSTABLE, and it don't work correctly. But exact the same version as in Debian unstable - 0.6.22, works in my ArchLinux without problems :/

Of course, I can't install ArchLinux on my server :)

Working config on Archlinux:
[global]
port = /dev/ttyACM0
port = 1
model = 6510
initlength = default
connection = dku2libusb
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10
[xgnokii]
allow_breakage = 0
[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin/
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = on
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

I have tried the same config file on Debian, but with error:

Count't open PHONET device: no such file or directory
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

With many others configuration settings Debian just freezes - until i press CTRL+C.

Thak you very much.

***

Dmesg - ArchLinux:
usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 8
drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c: Ignoring extra header, type -3, length 4
cdc_acm 4-2:1.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

Dmesg - Debian:
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c: Ignoring extra header, type -3, length 4
cdc_acm 1-1:1.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device