Re: Making --getfile less painful

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: Making --getfile less painful
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:54:13 +0200

"Pawel Kot" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>  I haven't even looked at the code yet, but I intend to dive in sometime
>>  in the undetermined future and improve the --getfile option.
>>
>>  First two goals are:
>>
>>  1. Add a command line flag to automatically answer "Yes" to file
>>    confirmation question/s (makes it easier to use from within a
>>    script).
>>
>>  2. Make the percentage counter update in-place.
>>
>>  3. Add a "quite" option (once again, for scripts).
>>
>>  Who knows what else I'll get to once I open the code.
>
> We're eager to see patches. However I'm not convinced if gnokii
> --getfile is the most convenient way to handle files.
> You are welcome to IRC channel if you want to discuss some detailes.
> Most of the time either Daniele, or Bastien, or myself can be meet
> there.

Thanks to bit0 on the channel for pointing out obexftp to me, it does
the job better.

Regardless, I think that as long as "--getfile" is still in gnokii, it
should at least have options (1) and (2) above. So unless anyone says
otherwise, I'll keep those tasks on my TODO list.

P.S. Sorry for running away from the IRC channel so fast, duty called!