Re: Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 wit

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 with Sunbird?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:33:54 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Anja Wunderlich
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> "Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 with
> Sunbird?"

Before continuing. Does Nokia 3650 support SyncML? If so, you should
do the task with the synchronization framework like opensync.

> Is there a setup to get this to work? I managed to start synchronization
> manually by starting the gnapplet on the Nokia and then using multisync with
> the gnokii and the sunbird plugins to start the process. Works acceptable,
> although some events tend to appear mutliple times on the Mobile after this.
>
> My problem with automating the process is not the cronjob or the script to
> do it, but the fact, that gnapplet has to be started manually on the Phone
> before the process can start. Also, after 30 seconds gnapplet will shut
> down. Furthermore, I have to accept the connection manually on the Phone.

Probably there's a way to make gnapplet be persistant. But I'm not
good at Symbian programming.

> I'd like to have a setup, where the Mobile will synchronize automatically
> when it is in reach of the Bluetooth device in my PC, or - if that won't
> work - I can start the synchronization via the Mobile.

Opensync with SyncML should do the trick.

take care,
Pawel Kot