Re: Gnokii on Windows - issues

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii on Windows - issues
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 18:57:30 +0200

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> At 16:30 25/05/2008, you wrote:
>>
>> address@hidden wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, I'm on v0.6.25 now. I have multiple "Orphaned line" returns: is there
>>> a way to stop this?...
>>
>> Ok. I've never seen that. No idea what that is.
>
> Even if I turned off the debug function, "Orphaned line" remains...

gnokii says more context details on the orphaned line.
I always wonder why people are unwilling to paste the error messages
as they are and instead they are manually typing what thay saw. It's
much harder to do that way! And developers usually know their code so
when they see exact problem it's more likely to help.

Make sure you have unix line endings (\n) and not windows/dos line
endings (\r\n) -- I'm not sure if the latter works.

>>> Although I put the config file "gnokiirc" or "_gnokiirc" everywhere, I
>>> keep having the error "Config file cannot be read"....
>>
>> See Gnokii wiki about Windows:
>> http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Windows#rc-file
>
> OK, so I wonder why Gnokii is in need of others locations, since I have a
> _gnokiirc in the home directory....

gnokii looks in the following locations:

%SYSTEMROOT%\gnokiirc
code:
        systemroot = getenv("SYSTEMROOT");
        strncpy(globalrc, systemroot ? systemroot : "", MAX_PATH_LEN);
        strncat(globalrc, "\\gnokiirc", MAX_PATH_LEN);

%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\\_gnokiirc
code:
        homedir = getenv("HOMEDRIVE");
        strncpy(rcfile, homedir ? homedir : "", MAX_PATH_LEN);
        homedir = getenv("HOMEPATH");
        strncat(rcfile, homedir ? homedir : "", MAX_PATH_LEN);
        strncat(rcfile, "\\_gnokiirc", MAX_PATH_LEN);

You may check your env variables to see where gnokii is looking for
the configs. This is ancient code. If currently windows apps behave
differently feel free to contribute the code that changes it.

pkot,
--
Pawel Kot