Re: GSM Cell info

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: GSM Cell info
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:09:51 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:40 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > - Calling to get the network info leaves the system with notifications
>> > on (see AT+CREG docs). Not that much of problem really...
>>
>> I am unable to test this behaviour...
>
> The AT+CREG docs say of the reg status:

The code supports just returning all three values. Parsing just <stat>
is easy but I haven't seen such behaviour yet. On the other hand we
always set extended status, so we shouldn't get short form.

Daniele discovered also problem with SE which revert byte sequence for
either LAC or Cell ID.

> So after setting +CREG to 2 to get more network information, we should
> revert it to the original value if possible.

No, why?

> gnokii/data.h tells me that the SetCellBroadcast operation should be
> used to set the callbacks for network information:
> GN_OP_SetCellBroadcast, /* set data->on_cell_broadcast and
> data->callback_data */

Not for the network information. For the cell broadcast messages.

> atgen.c calls ->reg_notification instead.

That's correct.

> Is there a duplicate functionality here? I was expecting
> ->on_cell_broadcast and SetCellBroadcast to be used to give out cell
> information...

No. Cell broadcast is completly different thing. Please refer to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Broadcast

take care,
Pawel Kot