Re: question about encoding sequance

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: question about encoding sequance
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:42:47 +0800

> the correct encoding should be detected at runtime by
> gn_char_get_encoding() using get_langinfo_codeset()
> can you check what happens in these two functions?
==> this API is not what I wanted. The API is get the PC lanuguage
setting. PC language setting could be different from what SMS language
setting. eg: My PC is still set as english, but the SMS may be encoded
by "GB2312".  Got the PC setting is no useful for decode SMS message.
So I am simple set the application_encoding type.

i remember in my PC: gn_char_get_encoding return "English_United
States.936",  a long string.
gn_char_get_encoding(), did not return any acceptabel string for iconv_open.
So the  iconv_open(gn_char_get_encoding(), "UTF16"); return NULL, the
NULL is not processed.

> > cd = iconv_open(gn_char_get_encoding(), "UTF16");
>
> the correct encoding is UCS-2 (I know they are nearly identical) and
> using UCS-2BE should make the following change to
> char_unicode_decode() unnecessary
==>
correctly. I chaned this encoding, there is no used to change byte sequance.
        cd = iconv_open(gn_char_get_encoding(), "UTF-16LE");

It still back to my previous question: How could i known the
iconv_open "from"  paramter. Is it preencoded in the SMS or
Application needs to know it first.