Re: Re: Is there --putfilebyid? Or any other way to install java applica

From: Mark Matusevich
Subject: Re: Re: Is there --putfilebyid? Or any other way to install java application on Nokia 6230?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:16:41 +0200

Thank you for fast reply.
If I understood correctly a discussion you had two years ago http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2006-02/msg00117.html, Nokia 6230i does understand path, but not for all files. Nokia 6230 is very similar phone and it behaves mostly the same way:

[~] gnokii --getfilelist "a:\*"
GNOKII Version 0.6.22
Filelist for path a:\*:
  predefgallery
  predeffilerecieved
  predefplaylist
  predeffiledownload
  HTTP
  serviceapplication
  HiddenFolder
  FIM_fixed_id
  FIM_perm_id

browsing above directories shows nothing java related. "b:\*" is my flash card and all other letters are identically to a:, b: or just do not exist. On the other hand, browsing with --getfiledetailsbyid gets immediate results:
[~] gnokii --getfiledetailsbyid
GNOKII Version 0.6.22
| Permanent_memory (1)
 - Hidden (2)
 - java (3)
[~] gnokii --getfiledetailsbyid 3
GNOKII Version 0.6.22
| java (3)
 - applications (4)
 - games (5)
 - email (6)
 - java SMS (7)

And file ID=4 holds the applications which I installed using Nokia PC Suite.