Re: SMS on CDMA USB/PCMCIA Data Cards

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: SMS on CDMA USB/PCMCIA Data Cards
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:57:52 +0100

2008/11/22 Dinesh Shah wrote:

> I have Qualcomm Model 220 CDMA USB Data Card.

> I tried many other + and $ extended commands but no success in reading
> or sending SMS.

but did you try gnokii with it? which commands work and which don't?
copy error messages here

most or all commands that are supported also by GSM phones should
work, but sending SMS will probably fail with a CDMA phone

> I am interested in using/adding support for these CDMA USB/PCMCIA
> cards to gnokii

you need to find if they support the AT+CMGS command in "PDU mode"
(just try gnokii --sendsms, if they don't then you need to add "Text
mode" to gnokii, join #gnokii on freenode for advice) and if they need
the SMSC number (this might be operator specific)

--
Daniele Forsi