Beginner - Pls suggest a nokia model for SMS get/send connected to compu

From: Indra M
Subject: Beginner - Pls suggest a nokia model for SMS get/send connected to computer...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:17:12 +0530

Hi,
   I am excited to hear and learn about gnokii. I am keen to experiment gnokii for personal and probably small business purposes in future. But for now I am looking to use gnokii software to send and receive SMS with Nokia mobile connected to my laptop. I wanted to start it simple because, I do not want to register SMS center for business purposes or buy any SMS short code from mobile service provider before I get complete knowledge and intricacies of gnokii software.

   Please suggest me a prevalent Nokia model that works well with Ubuntu 8 and Windows XP?

   Looking forward to step in to the world of gnokii. My best regards to all at gnokii community.

   Thanks,
   Indra