Re: writephonebook on nokia 5310 xpressmusic

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: writephonebook on nokia 5310 xpressmusic
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:34:48 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 16:05, yahoo-pier_andreit <address@hidden> wrote:
> well, I reed a lot (never enough :-) ), and I found this command should
> work to write data on my phonebook:
> cat test.ldif | gnokii --writephonebook -m ME -o --ldif
> 1) I updated gnokii to version 0.6.27 (from source, without rpm, using
> gmake, and seems to be go everything ok, for a nongeek like me it has
> been a hard work strokes all that keys like g m a k e :-) )
> 2) with gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 3 -l > test.ldif I get a small file
> with my data, and everything ok
> 3)I gave the command below, and don't succeed, I tryed also with
> LC_ALL=en_US but the result is the same (but comments are in english
> instead of italian so they are more useful for everybody and I posted
> this) and tryed also with --find-free option with the same results, I
> tried also with --vcard and --raw options and the matching files but
> with the same result.

I would need the following:
 - you should test first with --raw. once this works you could switch
to ldif/vcard as here we may have additional translation errors
 - please show the input file (raw) and the debug log for writing this file
 - you will need to use CVS version; depending on your distro you
could use binary packages prepared by Jari Turkia
 - please save similiar entry manually into the phone and show the
debug log when reading this entry

take care,
--
Pawel Kot