Duplicate sms's from SMSD, 0.6.27

From: Ari A
Subject: Duplicate sms's from SMSD, 0.6.27
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:49:18 +0200

Hi all,

I have problems with smsd when using nokia models 6820 and 6021. I am able to read sms's from all these models, but SMSD prints Duplicated message with each sms. 6820 was CA-42 and bluetooth and 6021 connection was bluetooth.

Model in gnokiirc was 6510. Operating system Ubuntu Linux 8.04.

Made a couple of tests, and noticed that the first sms after starting smsd is never duplicated, but all the rest are.

The output log (duplicates.log.gz) file is attached. And if you wonder the extra start parameters -a and -y, they are used in the sending (-a is to limit amount of sent messages to last -y days, so the parameters -a 1000 -y 31 tells to smsd that last 31 days message amount may not exceed 1000, if the limits are exceeded, no messages are sent. These parameters are used to prevent surprises in the phone bill...)

Another log is crashlog. I tested if the 1 second is too little for the phone to delete the message, so I set the interval for polling new messages to 3 seconds. The results were the same: first not duplicate, all the rest were duplicated. when the smsd was saving the previous message to database, I sent a new one, this new one caused smsd to crash. The output is in the attached crashlog (crashlog.log.gz).

I would really appreciate help on this!

Best Regards

Ari A

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out