Re: Sending Multi line msg (Win XP, Gnokii 0.0.27)

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Sending Multi line msg (Win XP, Gnokii 0.0.27)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:00:20 +0300

Pawel Kot wrote:
 works perfectly, but i want to send a multiline msg.
We don't currently have this, but on Windows we will need a command-line
Doesn't
echo "my\nmultiline\nmessage\ngoes\nhere" | gnokii --sendsms ...
work?

Hah! Like there would be possibility of having special characters! :-)
In all fairness, that is true on the cmd.exe shipped with windows. There are other CLI shells allowing a lot of neat stuff (PowerShell, Take Command/4NT, Bash, etc.).

Something like this can be done, though:
(echo my & echo multiline & echo message & echo goes & echo here) | gnokii --sendsms ...

Regards,
Jari Turkia