Re: SMSD is sending each message twice

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: SMSD is sending each message twice
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:36:31 +0200

2009/6/4 Shoaib Khan wrote:

> when ever i put some rows in my mysql outbox table and runs smsd command, it
> sends each message twice times. i am also pasting the log for your
> convenience,
>
>>  4 Jun 2009 09:55:48: Sending to 03037659097 unsuccessful. Error Command
>> timed out.
>>  4 Jun 2009 09:56:07: Sending to 03037659097 successful.

you can try to increase smsc_timeout in your gnokiirc

this is from the sample gnokiirc:

# When sending SMS you can experience timeouts. This is the feature of the
# overloaded SMSCs. The phones waits for the response from the SMSC confirming
# that it received the short message. When the SMSC is DoSed with many requests
# it will take more time to get the response. Adjust it to your needs. The
# value is given in seconds to wait. Defaults to 10 seconds. Set to 0 to wait
# forever.
smsc_timeout = 10

--
Daniele Forsi