Re: maximum memory locations

From: Vieri
Subject: Re: maximum memory locations
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 7/21/09, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:

> > How can I determine beforehand the maximum number of
> memory locations for both SM and ME?
>
> you can use AT+CPMS? in a terminal program or search it in
> the debug output of:
>  gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus

I knew it had to be "somewhere", thanks!

> it's faster using explicit ending number (it ignores
> invalid
> locations), in my case
>  gnokii --getsms SM 1 50
> note that this reads 50 locations every time, even if they
> are all
> empty, but it should be faster than calling gnokii many
> times

Suppose I run:
# gnokii --getsms SM 1 50 --force-file in.msg
I guess it will save ALL memory locations with SMS in them and skip all empty
locations. All the SMSs will be saved in one mbox-formatted text file. It is
then my task to parse this file to extract each single message. If I only have
an SMS at location SM 3 and another at location SM 12, in.msg will just have
two "mbox" messages.

Suppose I now run:
# gnokii --getsms SM 1 50 --force-file in.msg --delete
and something "goes wrong" right in the middle of the operation, say, when
gnokii reaches memory location 25.
Will all 50 locations be kept untouched (not deleted) because of the runtime
error (so I can "safely" rerun the instruction)? Or will the messages within
the first 25 locations be deleted despite the command's exit error code?

Thanks,

Vieri