Re: Entering PUK not yet implemented?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Entering PUK not yet implemented?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:29:36 +0100

Hi,

Please write to the mailing list and not directly to me. I might not
be able to answer for several days. On the mailing list there's at
least Daniele who will be able to answer your concerns (and vice
versa).

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 15:30, Mehmet Giritli <address@hidden> wrote:
> I had a look at the gnokii code and will be sending a patch soon. It is
> indeed very easy. Unfortunately, I never bothered to check the code
> until now...

Great!

> But while we are at it, here is another question, which concerns
> entering PIN codes as well. Currently it seems that if a wrong PIN is
> entered, gnokii does not return an error. Is my understanding faulty or
> should gnokii return, e.g., GN_ERR_INVALIDSECURITYCODE ?

We have generic error handling. Please see the function at_error_get().

> While I was looking at the code, I couldn't figure out how to catch the
> error returned by the modem in response to a wrong pin. Could you give
> some pointers on that?

If there's something more specific to be handled you can take as a
template ReplyGetSecurityCodeStatus() function. In fact it's all about
string parsing from the reply.

Doing a quick look at gnokii sources I'd say with incorrect PIN gnokii
indeed should return GN_ERR_INVALIDSECURITYCODE. The phone should mark
it as:
+CME ERROR: 16
Quick googling indicates that sometimes we may get:
+CME ERROR: 3 (it's usually when PIN is already entered)

And that means we may have some additional logic with
GetSecurityCodeStatus (AT+CPIN?) in case of failure.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot