Re: Nokia 6303

From: A
Subject: Re: Nokia 6303
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:07:35 +0200

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2009/12/30 Aleksandar Kostadinov:
>
>> tried to edit the wiki but have no permissions.
>
> you can ask

Sad thing is that wiki has no info how can one get write access. I was
surprised external contributors are not welcome. Anyways, if you are
giving write access, I can put what I see in there. Otherwise I'll
just through it to the list.

>> Please anybody with such right add that this phone works with config
>> AT
>> /dev/ttyACM0
>> connection = serial
>
> thank for contributing to gnokii, however that configuration is so
> generic that works with any kind of modem, even landline modems
> what would be more useful is to know if you can use --getphonebook
> --writephonebook --deletephonebook --sendsms --getsms --deletesms

Right, I have read the phonebook successfully. I may try and report
the other options when time permits except --deletephonebook and
--writephonebook that can cause great hassle to me.

> note that S40 6th ed. phones like Nokia 6303 classic are untested, but
> the preferred connection type for cable is dku2libusb as explained at
> http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2
>
> can you show what gnokii --identify prints for Model, Product name and
> Revision when using connection=dku2libusb? so we can add it to gnokii
> giving credit to you (or a nickname if you prefer) in the ChangeLog

I will try this --identify command once I have some time. But
selecting the dku2libusb I was unable to connect to the phone.