Nokia 7110: getsms error for user defined folders

From: Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe
Subject: Nokia 7110: getsms error for user defined folders
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:07:40 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve SMS from user-defined folders (F1, ...) on a
Nokia 7110 with gnokii 0.6.29 via
        gnokii --getsms F1 1 end
which results in:
        GetSMS F1 1 failed! (Invalid type of memory.)

Enabling debug output suggests this is a bug in ValidateSMS() because
only a list of logical folder names is retrieved from the phone, while
with showsmsfolderstatus a list of physical folder names is retrieved as
well.

And, indeed, when I comment out the ValidateSMS() part in
NK7110_GetSMS(), i.e. transform it into NK7110_GetSMSnoValidate() I'm
able to retrieve SMS from F1, etc. folders successfully.

regards
   Mario
--
File names are infinite in length where infinity is set to 255 characters.
                                -- Peter Collinson, "The Unix File System"