Re: wiki.gnokii.org

From: Harish Pillay 9v1hp
Subject: Re: wiki.gnokii.org
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:31:23 +0800

Pawel -

Hi.  I was travelling (am now in Beijing going home on Saturday) and apologies
for the delayed replies.

>>> Sorry for the delay, I was mostly offline for a couple of days.
>>> What we require for our wiki is to make sure that the running software
>>> is up to date. I do not think it uses significant bandwidth.
>>
>> I can provide the hosting from my company's hosting-server. No charge, for
>> Gnokii project. If you still need it I'll create the customer with no-charge
>> status and add the domain.
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:45, Vladimir Paskov <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I talked to my boss and there is no problem in hosting the Wiki on our
>> infrastructure.
>
> Thanks for your offers. If you don't mind I'd like to know the following:
>  - what would be the company that would host gnokii wiki -- I'd really
> like to know that

This is to be run on a domain I own running on a Fedora 14 VM at a
data center in Singapore.

>  - does this infrastructure host other mediawikis?

I do have wordpress running on it, not media wiki.  I can fire up a 2nd VM
if needed with mediawiki on it.

>  - what would be the maintenance model? that is: what access we would
> get, who would take the maintenance tasks around mediawiki (as
> upgrades)?

If I go with a 2nd VM model, I'd like to have a group of administrators to
manage it.

>  - are there any backups?

My current VM is being backed up periodically. Although, I have not
checked recently :-).

>  - how formal would be the hosting? that is: in case you change the
> job, shall we relocate wiki again?

This is a personal one, not with any business.

>  - would you require anything from gnokii project in exchange for that?

nothing per se. I'd like gnokii to expand to work with 3G USB dongles
as well since these 3G USB dongles have a ATDT interface.

> And please do not get offended by these questions, this is just for
> our comfort to make the better decision.

None taken.  Thanks for asking for it is crucial for transparency and
accountability.

> No need to answer publicly these questions if you do not feel
> comfortable with that. Please send a message to me in that case.
>
> thanks and really appreciate your offers,

Thanks.
--
Harish Pillay address@hidden gpg id: 746809E3