Re: gnokii 0.6.30

From: kmshetty
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.30
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:16:19 -0500

Hi Pawel
By any chance this release will support MMS?

Regards
Manju
===================
http://www.kmshetty.com

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

It's been 9 months since 0.6.29 and new gnokii version was just born.
I believe we should put more attention to "release often" principles
and have 3 or 4 releases this year. Anyway we've reached 100 commits
since the previous release. That proves that although gnokii is not at
the highest hype but still we're far from being dead.

Highlights of 0.6.30 release include:
 - new phonet driver (use connection=phonet) to support Linux kernel
modules phonet (introduced in 0.6.28) and cdc_phonet (introduced in
0.6.30); that means that there is no longer need for blacklisting the
kernel modules to have gnokii working
 - enhancements for series40 3rd+ Edition phones and enhancements to
their handling
 - fixes to SMS handling (especially encoding)
 - numerous other fixes in libgnokii and phone drivers
 - introduction of SQLite3 as smsd backend
 - fixes in Windows build leading to proper encoding handling there
(requires glib, libical) and usb connection handling (requires libusb)

Thanks to all contributors, especially Daniele Forsi.

Download from http://www.gnokii.org/download/gnokii/ and enjoy. I will
provide Windows binaries any time soon.

take care,

--