Re: smsd, postgresql and large numbers of messages - bugs?

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd, postgresql and large numbers of messages - bugs?
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 02:32:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, drbob wrote:

Hello.

> The patch below (against 0.6.26) works for me, I now get a separate
> transaction for each row of the outbox table instead of one big
> transaction that locks all the new rows.

Drbob, thanks for you report.

I prepared simpler fix for problem you reported.

I restricted result of SELECT FOR UPDATE clause to 1 which is the same thing
you done in your patch. But you need exactly one more SELECT for this.
The main difference in new DB_Look function is that it processes only one
sms per run.
The fix also improves the responsibility of SendSMS thread because
now it is able to process system messages after every sms.

Please test attached patch (agains git code).
Thanks.

jan