Retrieving SMS from Nokia 6600 is not possible

From: Matti Lattu
Subject: Retrieving SMS from Nokia 6600 is not possible
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:57:32 +0300

Hi

According to some discussions in the Nokia dev forum and my own testing it is not possible to read SMS from Nokia 6600.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?54320-Receive-message-with-AT-command

The phone reports only folders SM and MT, but not relevant folders (e.g. IN). In 6600 you cannot route incoming SMSes to SIM memory. According to discussions in the Nokia forum there may be similar problems with other (early?) S60 devices.