Re: Any interest in an Android version of Gnapplet?

From: Håvard Wigtil
Subject: Re: Any interest in an Android version of Gnapplet?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 01:05:04 +0200

to., 13.10.2011 kl. 23.47 +0200, skrev Pawel Kot:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 23:19, Håvard Wigtil <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Den 11.10.2011 22:27, skrev Pawel Kot:
> >>
> >> Hi Håvard,

> >> Does it mean that Android is not supported by AT driver?
> >
> > As far as I can tell there is no AT command support for most Android phones
> > at all. There is no AT over Bluetooth in HTC or Sony Ericsson phones, and a
> > quick search makes it seem like this is the case for other brands also.
>
> That's a pity. But it means also that Android phones cannot be used as
> modems or do they use something proprietary for that?
>
> And did you consider implementing AT daemon at the phone side instead
> of using gnapplet?

I hadn't even thought of the possibility of implementing an AT daemon. I
don't think there's any documented way of getting to the AT interface on
Android, and I'd like to stay to the documented API as much as possible,
for greater compatibility.

<snip>
> Once you have savannah account,you'll get the write access. Just
> create there a subproject.

My Savannah account name is havardw, and I've been added to the Gnokii
group now. I don't quite understand what you mean by the "subproject"
part above, do you mean that I could create a new repository under
"gnokii" myself? It seems like you might have to be a group admin to
create the repository, but if you create an empty repository then I can
push my local repository there.

> If you don't mind I'd ask you not to commit the the main gnokii repo
> for the time being. I'd prefer to have the patches reviewed first and
> get you used to our coding style and practices.

Of course. In addition to getting to know the project I'll also need a
thorough core review for my C coding, it is more than a bit rusty. ;-)

--
Håvard Wigtil || http://wigtil.net