Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file doe

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does not show full info. - also something wrong still.
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 03:16:37 +0530

in-line :-

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 02:59, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi again :) ,

> 2011/12/6 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> Looks sane. But actual content is up to you to verify.
>>
>> The point I wanted to make is, it just shows that much and shuts up. I
>> do not get any of the sms messages anywhere on my system. What I
>> wanted/want to do is to able to copy messages to and fro from the
>> desktop to the mobile and vice-versa.
>
> So that's showsmsfolderstatus. It shows only status. You need to use
> getsms command with the memory types returned here (of course where it
> make sense, i.e. there is more than 1 message).

that is something that I have not been able to figure out.

For instance from the above status, it says there are 6 messages in
archive, what would be the command to say get the messages from the
archive ?

$gnokii --getsms something .

I've not been really been able to figure out the memory_type thing

Should it have been

 $gnokii --getsms AR 1-6

or something else ?

>> Now as far as the exact contents are concerned, they too are wrong for
>> I have got more than 80 messages lying in my inbox and I do not know
>> from where gnokii got those message numbers. For some reason I'm not
>> getting the right info.
>
> That's probably something to investigate. Some debugging would be
> required here. So you'd need manually compiled version anyway.

Ok, that means then it would be a week-end project as the list to do
things is quite a bit and possibility of me doing something wrong is
even greater (as not a programmer) .

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/tree/INSTALL

>>> Well. I guess it is after some inactivity? It might be possible
>>> indeed. Probably you could automate it somehow.
>>
>> Could you define inactivity ? At my end 30 secs to a minute and then its
>> gone.
>
> That's phone dependent. Haven't tried your config so no idea here.

Ok cool.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल