database transactions in smsd

From: alonso acuña
Subject: database transactions in smsd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:06:59 -0600

Hello. I am having some issues with tables getting locked for a long time, like 30 seconds while smsd is running alongside another program that also uses transactions on the outbox table. The other program is getting stuck for this time while waiting to get a lock for writing to the table.
I am worried that smsd might be locking the table while it is sending an sms or while reading all positions from phone inbox memory. Is that how it works?
I will be running several smsd processes for various phones on the same PC, so this I think will only get worse if more processes are locking the table for long periods.

Thanks

Alonso