Re: bug number about the bug in libusb-0.1-4

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: bug number about the bug in libusb-0.1-4
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:43:03 +0530

in-line :-

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/9/22 shirish शिरीष:
>
>> Anyways, followed almost all the instructions except the libusb one
>
> what does that means?
> and you didn't say what phone and what cable you are using

Apologies , The phone is a Nokia S40 Mobile phone Nokia introduced
sometime back. Its a dual-sim phone. The detailed specs can be found
here www.gsmarena.com/nokia_c2_03-3995.php

The phone has MicroUSB connector cable with a  regular USB port at the
other end.

The cable with this phone I got is  the usb cable CA-101D

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/cables/nokia-connectivity-cable-ca-101d

About libusb instructions I mean/t the instructions that were given at
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2 and more precisely
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2#Setting_permissions_for_libusb

I am using google cache to track the page as I get a 'Problem
displaying page' whenever trying to access the wiki. (dunno if it's
something at my end, or something wrong at your end.)

kernel I'm using :-
$ uname -a
Linux deb-home 3.2.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 23 02:45:17 UTC 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux

>> Couldn't open PHONET device: Device or resource busy
>> Error in link initialisation: 1
>> Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
>> Quitting.
>> Command failed.
>>
>> I fail to understand why it still gives the PHONET device bit.
>
> because phonet and dku2libusb are just two different ways to talk PHONET
>
>>  I did
>> blacklist it in /etc/modprobe.d/phonet.conf :-
>>
>> ~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/phonet.conf
>> blacklist cdc_phonet
>> blacklist phonet
>
> if you plugged the phone before blacklisting the module you need to rmmod them

how ?

> --
> Daniele Forsi

Looking forward to reply.