smsd build issue with sqlite

From: Bornet Romain
Subject: smsd build issue with sqlite
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:42:20 +0000

Hi,

I'm new in gnokii and I'm cross-compiling it for ARM with SQLite support.
I had an issue to have smsd compiled correctly with SQLite support. I tried
with 0.6.31 release tarball and git master. Both fail with the same error
(sqlite3.h not found).

I configure and build with

$ ./configure or ./autogen.sh --prefix=<my_cross_root>/target/usr
--host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --without-x --disable-irda
PKG_CONFIG=<my_cross_root>/host/usr/bin/pkg-config
$ make && make install

sqlite support is detected by my pkg-config and correct values are given to
SQLITE3_LIBS and SQLITE3_CFLAGS but the SQLITE_CFLAGS var is not set correctly.

$  grep SQLITE smsd/Makefile
smsd/Makefile:SQLITE3_CFLAGS =
-I/home/bornetr/dev/buildroot/buildroot-2013.05/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include

smsd/Makefile:SQLITE3_LIBS =
-L/home/bornetr/dev/buildroot/buildroot-2013.05/output/host/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib
 -lsqlite3
smsd/Makefile:SQLITE_CFLAGS =
smsd/Makefile:SQLITE_LIBS = SQLITE3_LIBS

SQLITE_CFLAGS is not set but used further in AM_CFLAGS with $(SQLITE_CFLAGS)

As a workaround  I changed $(SQLITE_CFLAGS) to $(SQL3_CFLAGS) in
smsd/Makefile.am, re-configured the package and built it successfully.
There must be a more elegant way to solve this but I'm not familiar enough with
autotools to solve it differently.

I noticed that SQLITE_CFLAGS assignment is commented out in configure.in
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/tree/configure.in#n751).
Uncommenting it didn't help.

Any hint to fix this ?

Regards,
    Romain

My configure/autogen output:

  G N O K I I

  A toolset and driver for the mobile phones.

  Copyright (C) 1999-2011  The Gnokii Development Team.

  (at your option) any later version.

  See file COPYING for more details.

    Host system:        linux-gnueabihf
    Gnokii version:     0.6.32git
    Xgnokii version:    1.0
    SMSD version:       1.5.3
    X (GTK+) support:   no
    smsd support:       yes
    Postgres support:   no
    SQLite support:     yes
    MySQL support:      no
    Debug:              yes
    XDebug:             yes
    RLPDebug:           yes
    NLS:                yes
    IrDA:               no
    ical read support:  no
    Bluetooth:          no
    libusb support:     no
    phonet support:     yes
    libpcsclite support:no
    readline support:   no
    Build Shared Lib:   yes
    Build Static Lib:   yes
    Windows:            no
    Prefix:
/home/bornetr/dev/buildroot/buildroot-2013.05/output/target/usr

  Type 'make' for compilation and then 'make install', to
  install gnokii.