Re: gn_sms_get returned error: command called is not implemented in mode

From: Rodrigo Montiel
Subject: Re: gn_sms_get returned error: command called is not implemented in model
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 21:33:08 -0300

Good catch Daniele!

Will test all of them and back to you with my outputs.

Thanks as always!

On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 20:53 +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:

> I have been using since months two Huawei gsm modems for sending text messages, both same models.
> But in one of them I'm getting the error from gn_sms_get function stated in the subject (command not
> implemented).

> I'm working with smsd 1.5.2, and gnokii 0.6.31. I tested other configuration alternatives, but not sure if it is a > modem issue and why is poping up right now and not before.
> I suspecting about the modem itself, but just wanted to have some flowless opinion of you masters.

it's a libgnokii bug that I fixed with the following commits:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/commit/?id=ea2dfe081cc75c58f9528fb0c03ce7a6201c6b81
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/commit/?id=0bfa48454f679e634827946870ae100b585c3320

You have 3 options:
1. keep the version you have and manually delete any SMS that gives an error
2. apply those two changes to 0.6.31 (it should work but it's untested)
3. compile the version in git that has many more bug fixes but could
have other bugs

> SMS-DELIVER found
> Mobile Terminated message:
> Date: 2014-04-28 08:43:39 -0300
> Remote number (recipient or sender): +5493572438***
> SMS center number: +543200000107
> Compressed message
> gn_sms_get returned error 5: Command called isn't implemented in model.

this is the debug output with 0.6.32git (I omitted a part of the
number and of the text)
SMS-DELIVER found
Mobile Terminated message:
Date: 2014-04-28 08:43:39 -0300
Remote number (recipient or sender): +5493572438***
SMS center number: +543200000107
Data Coding Scheme: 0xf1
Class: 1
Default Alphabet