kernel 3.14 and Huawei 160

From: Noel Butler
Subject: kernel 3.14 and Huawei 160
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:28:37 +1000

So, this has been working fine for years, in fact still does, despite the latest kernel upgrade from 3.12.x to 3.14.(10|12)

However since using 3.14.x  kernel and dmesg are flooded with

option1 ttyUSB0: option_instat_callback: error -2

device is identified as:
ID 12d1:1001 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E620 USB Modem

Anyone seen this, and found a way to STF log flooding up ? :)
I'm about to reboot that box with kernel change to debug usb and see if it shows anything more intelligible, but I wont hold my breath.