Re: nokia 7230-1c: getnetworkinfo: unhandled frame

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: nokia 7230-1c: getnetworkinfo: unhandled frame
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:01:17 +0200

> On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 10:02:20PM +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:
>> as always we must start adding to misc.c that 7230-1c is a RM-598 (may
>> I add your full name to the ChangeLog?), then if someone finds out if
>> your phone supports the get nework info command with a different frame
>> we can add a special case for it
>
> ack', but just add "+floss" suffix to email @' LHS
> (Gmail supports receiving such suffixed emails, although their out-SMTP
> strips the said suffix)
>

> Please note that 7230 (no the "1c" may very well be a RM-604)

I did't put the email, just a line in the ChangeLog text file

> (but I'm note sure if a given model number could have been distributed under
> different RM numbers)

it's possible, according to our misc.c several phones it is happened
several times in the past

> I tried that, but seems like flight mode disable bluetooth too (!),

indeed it affect all radios

> thus --monitor only showing:
>> CALL0: IDLE
>> CALL1: IDLE
> Worse, returning to the "normal" phone profile doesn't re-enable
> --monitor to receive original "normal" infos (battery, messages, ...

unfortunately, like all the frames its a trial and error process and
still we don't know much about monitoring

--
Daniele Forsi