gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] Re: gnoppix-0.6.0-beta1

From: P. Theisen
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] Re: gnoppix-0.6.0-beta1
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:44:02 +0200

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:49:42 +0200, Michael Mauch wrote:

> Click on "Gnoppix Einstellungen" (on the desktop and on the upper
> toolbar(?)), then on "Install gnoppix to your harddisk".
>
> I did not try it yet, but it's there.

Yep.

But:
I`m running VMWare (on WinXP). Installing Gnoppix as a virtual machine isn`t
possible (woody or knoppix -> no problems).

Gnoppix starts from CD
Click on Ìnstall to your harddisk`
Window opens: "format, make partitions ..." or exit
new partition, bootable, format, swap partition, format : done
again
Window opens: "format, make partitions ..." or exit
new partition, bootable, format, swap partition, format : done
again
Window opens: "format, make partitions ..." or exit
new partition, bootable, format, swap partition, format : done
and so on.
The partitions of the virtual harddisk aren`t recognized, I guess
(possible?)

Sincerely.
Peter